Turn on/off the flashlight using quick settings.
Find the Quick Settings panel in your device’s notification shade to turn on/off the flashlights of your phone.
- On Android, you’ll find this panel at the bottom of your screen next to “Settings.”
- Tap it once to open it up, then scroll down until you see a button labeled “Flashlight” at its far right side.
- Tap that button and then slide over to turn on/off the flashlight.
Turn on/off the flashlight using google assistant
To turn on your flashlight, use Google Assistant.
To toggle between different modes (on/off), you can use one of these commands: “Turn on the flashlight” or “Turn off the flashlight.”
Enable flashlight using gesture
You can activate the flashlight using a gesture on an Android device by following these steps:
- Get a gesture control app from the Google Play Store and install it. Various free and paid applications offer this capability, including “Gesture Control” and “Navigation Gestures.”
- Launch the program after installation, then go to the settings page.
- Locate the “Add new gesture” option under the “Customize gestures” section.
- Choose the gesture style you wish to use to turn on the flashlight. You could, for instance, select a “Double Tap” motion or a “Swipe Up” gesture.
- After choosing your gesture, designate the flashlight app as the action to be carried out when the motion is recognized.
Note: It’s worth noting that some Android devices include built-in gesture controls that let you activate the flashlight with a specific gesture. If so, you might not need to download a different app to enable this feature. Check your device’s settings or user guide to determine if this feature is offered.
How to turn on and off the flashlight on your iPhone
Flashlight on/off using the control panel
To turn your phone’s flashlight on and off, follow these steps:
- Open the Control Panel by swiping down from the top of your screen. (If you don’t see this option, tap Settings in your app drawer.)
- Tap the flashlight on your iPhone or Other Devices at the bottom of this page.
- Choose an option from Turn On To Brighten or Turn Off To Dim (you can also click Change Defaults for more options).
Turn on/off the flashlight using Siri
- To turn on the flashlight using Siri, press the home button until you hear a beep indicating it’s ready to unlock.
- Tap “Settings” in your phone’s main menu bar, then tap “Siri & Search” (or whatever name your device has for this option). It should be on this list because it’s so important!
- Use any combination of sliders or buttons at this point. You can swipe left/right or long-press any key on the iPhone keyboard. If you want to change settings quickly, get into “Siri & Search Settings. There you will find controls for turning off flashlight mode altogether and adjusting how often it turns itself off automatically when not in use (more often if necessary).
Turn on and off the flashlight using a back tap gesture
You can use the “back” tap to turn on your iPhone’s flashlight. It will open up a new screen that looks like the home screen and allows you to access different features of your phone.
To turn on the flashlight using this method of unlocking your phone, follow these steps:
- Open Settings on your device. You can open it from an app or by pressing the volume button.
- Tap General > Accessibility, then tap Flashlight to enable it if not already enabled (if it is already allowed, skip this step).
Turn on/off the flashlight using the lock screen
You can use the lock screen to turn on your flash while playing a game or receiving notifications.
- Open Control Center and tap on the flashlight icon. This will open your device’s built-in camera app, which allows users to take pictures and videos with their smartphone (or tablet).
- Tap “Flashlight” in Control Center again to turn off your phone’s flashlight.
Flashlight feature in Mobile Phones is helpful in many circumstances, for example, when navigating in the dark and searching for lost goods. Turning on and off the flashlight is a quick operation that can be completed with just a few taps or gestures on an Android or iPhone device. You won’t ever be in the dark again with the help of these methods and ideas.