We all are familiar with google maps. Are you using this app correctly and taking advantage of its features?
As one of the most widely used map applications worldwide, Google Maps boasts many unique and advantageous features for its users. Among these features are 360° street view, location searching, real-time traffic updates, and route planning options for walking, cycling, driving, or public transportation. You can set your home and work address in Google Maps in simple steps.
Setting Home and Work Addresses in Google Maps on a laptop
If you use the same Google account on your mobile and browser, you can set your address in Google Maps using the browser. Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Go to Google Maps Website
- On the top left corner, press the Hamburger icon on the search bar
- Now select the “Your Place” option
- The menu will appear. Go to the “Labeled tab.
- You will see options for home and work addresses.
- Click on one of these options to set the address.
- Edit address menu appears.
- Search for your Home or work address and click save.
When you save your address, the search engine will link your home or work location to your saved address. This means that if you search for directions to your home, Google will automatically display them. Google will automatically display the rules to your protected address.
You can update your address anytime. For editing, first clear the currently saved address by repeating the exact steps you used to keep it initially. Then, you can add your new address as a replacement by entering the updated information in the appropriate fields.
Setting Home and Work Addresses in Google Maps on a Mobile
If you’re using a mobile device, putting your home and work address in Google Maps is easy. It can be done on Android and iPhone. Here are some steps you need to follow:
- Install the Google Maps app on your device and open it.
- Tap the search bar located at the top of the app.
- Below the search bar, tap the Home or Work icon to set a new address.
- In the Set Address menu, use the search bar to find an address or tap Map to pinpoint a location manually.
- If using the search bar, choose the correct address from the list of potential options to save it as your home or work address.
- Type “home” or “work” in the search bar to search for your saved addresses.
- To change or remove a saved address, tap the search bar, tap More next to the Home and Work icons, and select the three-dot menu icon next to the entry you want to delete. Select either Remove Home or Remove Work.
- To add a new address, repeat the above steps.