Microsoft Teams is a collaboration and communication platform developed by Microsoft. It includes various tools, such as chat, audio and video calls, file sharing, and more, into one platform. Teams allow remote Teams to work together and stay connected. It makes managing projects, holding meetings, and sharing information easier. It’s for businesses, schools, and groups to be more productive. Microsoft Teams is easy to use on a computer or phone and can be used through a website or an app.
Yet, sometimes users may encounter a white screen issue while using Teams.
Are you facing a white screen issue while using Microsoft Teams? If yes, you’re not alone. This issue occurs with many users. It can be frustrating, especially when you need to attend an important call or meeting. But the good news is that the issue can be easily fixed. This article will guide you to fix Microsoft Teams white screen issue.
Common Causes of Microsoft Teams White Screen:
There are several reasons why a white screen might occur in Microsoft Teams:
- Internet connectivity issues:
Microsoft Teams relies on a stable and fast internet connection to function correctly. If your connection is unstable or slow, you may experience white screens.
- Browser compatibility issues:
If you use an outdated or unsupported browser, you may experience white screens.
- Unsupported plugins or extensions:
Some browser plugins or extensions can cause compatibility issues with Microsoft Teams.
- Issues with Microsoft Teams app:
There may be a problem with the Microsoft Teams app on your device, causing the white screen to appear.
- System requirements not met:
If your device does not meet the minimum system requirements for Microsoft Teams, you may experience white screens.
- Cache and cookies:
Clearing your browser’s cache and cookies may resolve white screen issues.
- Technical problems with Microsoft Teams servers:
If Microsoft Teams servers are undergoing maintenance or encountering technical issues, you may experience white screens.
How do I fix Microsoft team’s white screen?
Refresh The Page:
Refreshing a page is a helpful fix for website problems. It ensures you have the latest information, clears your cache, and improves the website. Refresh the page if your website isn’t working or you want to see the newest version. It’s quick and easy.
To refresh the page in Microsoft Teams and fix the white screen issue, follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Teams in your browser.
- Press the “Ctrl” and “F5” keys on your keyboard at the same time. This will refresh the page and reload all assets.
- If the white screen issue persists, try clearing your browser cache and cookies and disabling any browser extensions.
Restart Your PC:
To restart your computer to fix Microsoft Teams white screen issue, follow these steps:
- Click the Start button in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Click the power icon, then click “Restart.”
- Please wait for your computer to shut down completely, then turn it back on.
- Once your computer has restarted, open Microsoft Teams and check if the white screen issue has been resolved.
Quit Microsoft Teams:
You can quit Microsoft Teams to solve the issue by these simple steps:
- Click the “X” in the top right corner of the Microsoft Teams window to close it.
- Right-click on the taskbar, select “Task Manager”, or press “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” to open Task Manager.
- Find “Microsoft Teams” in the running process list and click on it.
- Click the “End task” button to close the process.
- Reopen Microsoft Teams and check if the white screen issue has been resolved.
Updating an app is very important. Updates keep the app safe by fixing security problems and bugs. They also make the app better by adding new features and making it work well with new devices and software. Updating the app also helps fix user-reported problems and makes the app run better. You get the latest support and help from customer service and other resources when you update. Keeping your app updated is vital for safety, better performance, and getting help when you need it. Remember to keep your app updated!
- Close Microsoft Teams completely.
- Open the Microsoft Store on your Windows device or the Teams website.
- Check for updates by clicking on the “Download” or “Update” button.
- If an update is available, click on the “Update” button to start the download process.
- Wait for the update to complete.
- Once the update is finished, restart Teams.
Disable hardware acceleration:
“Hardware acceleration” refers to offloading specific tasks from the CPU to dedicated hardware components, such as graphics processing units (GPUs), to improve performance.
To disable hardware acceleration in Microsoft Teams, follow these steps:
- Open Teams and click on your profile picture in the upper-right corner.
- Select “Settings.”
- Scroll down to the “Advanced” section and toggle the switch for “Hardware acceleration” to the off position.
- Restart Teams for the changes to take effect.
Disabling hardware acceleration can sometimes resolve the white screen issue in Microsoft Teams. It may help fix compatibility issues between the app and the GPU. Disabling hardware acceleration may result in lower performance and reduced visual quality.